Here is where I will show you the basics of being a phone tech.
Red Flags That Techs Look For:
- Missing, turned, or damaged liquid damage indicators
- Physical damage; this includes missing pieces, broken flip, cracks in the housing, deep scratches or gouges, cracked screen- basically any way the phone looks abused.
What doesn't work:
- Bringing the phone in with no battery or no charge to hide damage
- Saying that you got the phone without indicators or damaged (this is especially true when you have owned the phone for months/years)
- Yelling, staring at techs the whole time, dirty looks. Most techs are introverts and will try to avoid you.
What will work :
- Being nice and truthful up front
- Bringing in your phone with a fully charged battery
- Describing the problem fully
- Patience ( Most of the time your phone is one of may they will work on )